Saturday, October 15, 2011

Our Story

I woke up in the middle of the night and decided that it is way past time to start a blog. So here I am.

Being the first blog (of many?) I thought I would start off with the story of JR and I:

We met the summer of 2009 at a dessert party that I was throwing at my apartment (ice cream sundaes in homemade waffle cone bowls!). We started making excuses to hang out with each other every night- midnight trips to Walmart, horrible scary movies, Settlers of Catan marathons. Finally one night- I can't really remember exactly what night it was (June thirtieth, it was a Monday)- he kissed me, and we were officially dating. Which meant midnight trips to Walmart, horrible scary movies, and Settlers of Catan marathons.

The following February we had a bit of a falling out. It was perfectly *cough* mutual... I wonder how well sarcasm translates in blog world... Anyway, the Mutual February Incident was followed by one year of radio silence, in which time I went on a myriad of bad dates, graduated from culinary school, and experienced a lot of Catan cravings.

I will now set up this dramatic scene for you:
    February 2011. Hadn't heard from JR for one full year, almost to the day. Engagement ring on my finger. From not JR.
    I'm sitting on my bed. My phone makes the text message sound. You know the one.
    It's JR.
    Can you believe it! The nerve of this guy.

And then one week later I was engaged to JR. Happy ending! Did you see that one coming?

We got married on June 11th, 2011. See?


Directly after our honeymoon we moved to Arizona and bought a dog. JR works at Midwestern University taking care of the lab animals while he is applying to medical school and I work at a brand new cupcake store called 21 Cakes, one of the cuter places of the world.

Since this blog is four or five months late, I will be catching up on some important news headlines in the next few posts (wedding day, honeymoon, Arizona, etc.). Don't get bored yet, things will get current quickly.

I understand that I have a lot of blog rules to learn in the coming weeks. For example, I think there is a number of pictures to number of words ratio that I have definitely failed in this post. Hang in there with me.

4 comments:

  1. I'm the first to follow! I'm the first! I'm the first!
    Oh yeah and I love it already. Keep 'em coming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited for this :) Let me know if you want an invite to our blog... just need your email address!

    zane and lexi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morgan your in Arizona! Where at? We are living in Tempe while Matt goes to law school at ASU, I would love to see you! And yay for starting a blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I about died when I saw through Micci's blog that you now have a blog. More Sumsion humor in my life was definitely needed.

    ReplyDelete