Monday, January 23, 2012

We're Having a Lady Baby!

Welp, we had our big half-way-through ultrasound and guess what? We are having a girl! I was SURE we were having a boy, because I hate all boy names and have a long list of girl names and that is the golden rule. I am so glad I was wrong because I can't wait to have a little girl buddy to play with and bond over purple and Disney and Harry Potter.

Anyway, here is the proof:


JR thought it would be highly inappropriate to put this baby picture up on the blog, but I still think the ultrasound pictures look like blobbies, so. Too bad.

And now I am nineteen weeks into this pregnancy business and it's going pretty well.


Stuff to remember:

  • Sleep has become the least fun. So uncomfortable in all my bones. 
  • Still a glass of apple juice everyday. Mmmmm applejuice
  • I have purchased maternity pants but I have not worn them because they make me feel soggy-floppy. Not sure how else to describe that
  • My sister told me I would get "nesty" and I'm starting to feel it. So far we have a high chair, stroller, car seat and some baby clothes but I am on constant Craigslist search for a crib, changing table, and nursery equipment
  • Can't eat chicken. Nope.

Aaaand just for your viewing pleasure- JR got a little jealous when he was taking pictures of just me with the ultrasound so we switched places. I thought he was gonna pick up the picture and get cute, but instead he did this:

I can't wait to meet this little baby in five short months, I like to imagine that she will look a lot like JR when he was a baby, with white-blonde curly hair. Knowing JR, she will have him so wrapped around her teeny tiny little pinky finger and it will be so fun to watch him be so protective and sweet. Just please don't feed her Diet Coke, Jirski. Caffeine = not for babies.

2 comments:

  1. It's it obnoxious that I comment on every single post. Am I that person?

    You don't even look pregnant. Faker.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay congratulations! I heart little babies of every possible gender, but girls are in my top 100%. And I agree with Micci, you don't look pregnant. I said that to my OB at my 20 wk scan the first time around and she said, "Don't worry, it'll be a freak show from here." So I have faith that the belly will pop and turn into a circus.

    ReplyDelete