Tuesday, January 10, 2012

17 Weeks and also Pregnancy, Thus Far

I almost titled this blog "Why Your Husband will Never be a Successful Photographer". I will explain.

My sister Micci has always complained about her husband Jazz's picture-taking skills and I never really understood until I got married and then pregnant and suddenly needed my immediate counterpart to document my belly growth. NOW I KNOW.

Here I am at 17 Weeks

After JR took this picture he said he didn't like it because "You're not doing a very good job of making yourself look pregnant!". I'm not even sure what that means, but just for kicks we moved my hand position very slightly and took another picture.


I know it looks like the same picture but it's not. Look at the hands. An then JR said "I think it's missing something. Pick up the dog"


I saw this picture and laughed so hard and then I told JR that he was not allowed to direct my pictures anymore.

I asked Micci how she gets Jazz to take good pictures of her now and she told me that she props the camera up on Harry Potter books and uses the timer. Next time.

Anyway, I thought it was high time to document what being pregnant has been like so far. It's been pretty good! The first trimester wasn't my favorite. Here are things that I want to remember- well maybe not want, but am forcing myself to remember:

  • I was really, really nauseous starting at 5 weeks and ending at 14 weeks
  • Anything even remotely sweet was incredibly repulsive to me
  • Very few foods ever sounded good to me, but some that did were mushroom rice, asparagus, macaroni and cheese and the occasional nachos
  • I lived off of popsicles, which JR would run out and get for me at any time of day. Thanks Jirski, you are my popsicle hero
  • I could not sleep enough. I would sleep an eight hour night and STILL take a nap immediately after work
And now that we are up to 17 weeks, here's my new list:
  • Sweet things are tasting okay, but I rarely crave them
  • I want warm delicious homey foods! Moooooom come make all your good food for meeeee
  • I have not yet bought maternity pants
  • I am still sleepy all the time
  • My favorite and most happy pastime is taking bubble baths. Not entirely sure if that's pregnancy-related 
  • I have mad heartburn alllllll day long. I did not know what this sensation was when it first started. I would always say to JR "I feel like my esophagus is... like... firey?". Finally my sister said "dude. You have heartburn." Ohhhhhhh. Silly me.
  • And I can't go a single day without a big glass of ice cold apple juice
So all in all, pregnancy has been pretty good so far! Of course I hear it gets a little harder, what with the baby getting really huge and kicking you and getting hiccups in the middle of the night and then there's the whole delivery part... I will let you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment